Hospitals & Healthcare Organizations
Pharmacies at healthcare facilities are constantly under pressure to reduce budgets, control pharmaceutical spend, and more efficiently manage inventory in an environment where the regulatory burden continues to grow. As a result, they need proven solutions to address some of their most pervasive and severe problems. UnitVisID is helping thousands of hospitals and healthcare organizations solve pharmacy challenges today.
Download our UnitVisID benefits at-a-glance for hospitals and healthcare organizations.
Pharmacies have already adopted more automation than most areas in healthcare but are always looking to do more in order to protect patient care activities from the demands of supply chain and materials handling burdens. UnitVisID Certified RFID systems are leveraging the power of RFID-tagged and cloud registered medications to reduce these burdens and save time/resources by managing the receipt, movement, and use of medications while eliminating unnecessary manual processes.
Shortages & Recalls
Persistent, recurring shortages of pharmaceutical products have been plaguing clinical pharmacies for years. Being able to track unique unit-of-use medications across the entire facility - even into non-automated storage devices like carts, kits and trays - is key to redeploying precious inventory in times of shortage. Similarly, when recalls are issued, being able to quickly distinguish between lots for all RFID products means a precise, non-disruptive process of removing the recalled product from the floors.
Historically, UnitVisID Certified RFID systems have been primarily used for medication processing, charging and management. However, with the ability to trace every exact vial, syringe or ampule to its own administration, all while being patient and provider linked, there are so many exciting possibilities:
- Real-time views of controlled substance custody
- Patient-specific medication prep tracking
- Clinical trial management
Hospital leaders in the UnitVisID Alliance are identifying the highest-value solutions so our Alliance members can get to work.
- Prioritize which solutions will be improved by UnitVisID and establish best practices for leveraging RFID to drive workflow improvements
- Define solution-to-solution handoff requirements to ensure that the item attributes being tracked are communicated between devices and systems, such as time out of refrigerators, expiration dates, recall status, compound date/time, etc.
- Improve ordering and supply chain management with unit-of-use medication serialization
- Explore improvements to billing processes and data systems for programs like 340B