For Inlay Manufacturers
Medication uses of RFID are a growth market for makers of inlays. Modern medication tracking requires the latest technology in silicon and antenna design to power cutting-edge pharmacy systems. Inlay manufacturers need the resources of UnitVisID to ensure their products are keeping up with advances in pharmacy technology. The Alliance offers a robust network of members with experience producing high-quality medication labeling. More than 210 million RFID-tagged medications utilizing the UnitVisID platform have been scanned – exponentially more than any other RFID system in the US healthcare space.
UnitVisID offers Certified Inlay Manufacturers exclusive access to independent 3rd party testing facilities and procedures for new designs with pre-certified inlays enabling members faster time-to-market.
We also offer a thoroughly tested RFID Portfolio exclusive to our members to help you determine what sizes, shapes and materials of medication containers are well-suited for each particular design.
Requirements for Inlay Manufacturers
An inlay may be designated as UnitVisID Certified and use our trademarks by meeting the requirements of the UnitVisID Specification, which include:
- Strict adherence to the UnitVisID Specification
- Meeting the quality and performance specifications designated by UnitVisID and validated by our independent 3rd party lab
- Guaranteeing enough safety stock for Alliance members
- Ensuring open access to all pharmaceutical members including pricing transparency
Testing & Certification for Inlay Manufacturers
- Submit self-certification test results showing adherence to the UnitVisID Alliance's requirements
- Pass the ARC certifications
- Complete a trademark licensing agreement with the UnitVisID Alliance