For Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
UnitVisID is a guideline maximizing the full potential of RFID for medications dispensed in hospital and healthcare organization pharmacies. These medications allow for a differentiated offering for manufacturers that choose to provide them. However, to realize this value, a manufacturer must meet two key requirements: performance and interoperability.
Download our UnitVisID benefits at-a-glance for pharmaceutical manufacturers.
The pharmacy environments in which RFID is used makes high performance a tall order - hundreds of fluid-filled glass and plastic containers being read at one time, in seconds, with no margin for error. That means the inlay - the industry term for the combination of antenna and integrated circuitry that makes an RFID work - must be designed for specific and challenging uses with fluid-filled containers being read in a densely packed environment. The UnitVisID Alliance’s 3rd party testing evaluates every inlay in every downstream reading device to provide pharmaceutical manufacturers with a compatibility roadmap.
Every medication and its unique attributes are read by all UnitVisID
Certified hardware devices and the UnitVisID Certification program ensures multi-vendor interoperability across all components.
- Portfolio of inlays designed for the specific package size and type
- Testing facilities for new inlay designs if needs not covered by existing portfolio items
- Proven line automation strategies and hardware to convert packaging lines to RFID and UnitVisID Certification
- Network of label converters with experience producing high-quality pharmaceutical labelling
- Single source of registration to enable every downstream hospital use case
Requirements for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
A finished pharmaceutical label or pharmaceutical product may be designated as UnitVisID Certified by meeting requirements for certification that are established by the UnitVisID Alliance. Only Alliance members with UnitVisID Certified products may use the UnitVisID trademarks.
To meet those requirements, a product must:
- Use a UnitVisID Certified inlay
- Use a UnitVisID approved Tag Data format
- Undergo a 100% quality check to ensure accurate data
Testing & Certification for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Submit self-certification test results showing adherence to the UnitVisID Specification
- Pass the ARC certifications
- Complete a trademark licensing agreement with the UnitVisID Alliance